A Freemium is also known as an irresistible offer. This freebie should captivate your audience and make them want to take action to receive it.
Typically, people will give you their email address in exchange for the free offer you’re providing. This is a quick and effective way to grow your e-mail list of targeted ideal clients without spending a ton of time or money.
Along with the ability to email your ideal clients with valuable information and upcoming products; you’ll also be able to use this email list for Lookalike Audiences if you’re using Facebook ads.
Creating a Freemium takes time and intentional thought towards helping your ideal client.
What You’ll Need for Your Freemium
You’ll need a completed offer to provide and an email service like Aweber.
Inside of your email service, you’ll need to create a sign up form and an automated email to go out when someone signs up to receive your Freemium. The automated email is called a “follow up campaign” on Aweber.
Examples of a Freemium are:
- A Meal Plan
- A Free Audio Book
- Exclusive Access to a Training Video
- A In depth Guide to Solve a Problem
- An Invitation to an Exclusive Group
3 Tips to Create a Freemium
- Answer these questions –
- What is my ideal client struggling with?
- What could I do to help a friend with that struggle?
- How can I package my solution into something I can put into an email? (Video, PDF Guide, monthly webinar, audio lesson, exclusive training, an email series, etc)
- It should be something they would pay money for – Your Freemium is your foot in the door and first impression. You want to showcase how much value you can offer them and communicate that you “get them” and their life, goals, priorities and struggles are something you can relate to.
- Have a professional help – Since this is your first impression, it’s important to go above and beyond.
- If you choose to offer a guide, you may reach out to an expert in copy to help you word everything best.
- If you offer a video, hire someone to do the editing for you.
- Invest in a good microphone for an audio Freemium.
- Another example of professional help would be to use excellent quality pictures or hire a graphic designer for your promotional tools.
Once you have an amazing Freemium to offer clients, you’ll want to promote to across social media and your blog.
After Your Freemium Goes out
Once someone has opted-in to receive your Freemium, it’s also important to continue to develop that relationship with them. Figure out ways to help them without spamming their inbox or asking them to buy something. Ask for their feedback and tailor your content based around it.
That way when you do have something to offer that is a premium or paid option – you can feel comfortable about letting them know about it, and they’ll feel comfortable buying from you.