If you’re just getting started with your weight loss and fitness goals, it’s important to find a realistic plan you can stick to for at least a few weeks so that you create the habit of exercising and eating healthy. LES MILLS On Demand makes it easy with at home workouts that range from 15-55 minutes!
They also offer classes for everyone — including strength, cardio, HIIT, dance, Barre, flexibility, and more — so you’ll never get bored.
What is LES MILLS on Demand?
LES MILLS ON Demand is a streaming service that allows you to stream the most popular, science-based LES MILLS workouts anywhere you have wi-fi!
A membership includes over 1000+ unique workouts, 13 different workout programs, and LES MILLS’ Nutrition tools!
Is LES MILLS On Demand Easy to Use at Home?
Yes! You can stream it to your TV with a streaming device, phone, or laptop.
Once you have your plan (which we’ll share samples below), you just sign in, click your workout, and exercise!
Is LES MILLS On Demand any good?
We love that the LES MILLS On Demand workouts are fun and offer a lot of variety. The instructors are knowledgeable and motivating, and we’re obsessed with the music included in a ton of the workouts!
The variety, convenience, and price makes LES MILLS On Demand a great tool to help you hit your fitness goals!
You may also like our interview with Rachael Newsham from BODYCOMBAT and SHA’BAM! She is so inspiring and shared why LES MILLS is so effective!
Why is LES MILLS so popular over other workouts?
LES MILLS creates a full experience in every workout which makes it motivating and fun. The music, trainers, and each move is well-thought out to make sure you’re enjoying yourself while you’re exercising!
The other reason LES MILLS is so popular is that it’s been around a long time and is known to be safe and super effective!
Secrets to See Results
If you’re just getting started, we know it’s important to see results quickly to stay motivated! Here are our 5 tips for LES MILLS for Beginners!
- Start With a Realistic Plan
- Build Gradually Towards Longer/Harder Workouts
- Mix it Up! Try a variety of workouts!
- Find a Group or Accountability Partner
- Commit to Eating Better, too!
Which Les Mills classes are best for beginners?
My favorite classes are BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT, BARRE, and the various dancing classes offered On Demand. BODYCOMBAT and the dancing classes also require no equipment.
I would stay away from GRIT because it’s an advanced workout, and the BODYFLOW routines also are really tough in my opinion.
SPRINT, BODYJAM, and BODYSTEP are also too advanced for beginners. RPM requires a bike so unless you have one already, I’d try the other options instead.
How fit do you have to be?
You can honestly take any of the LES MILLS On Demand workouts at your own pace. As a beginner, it’s totally okay to miss a few reps or combinations. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to learn the moves and improve your endurance.
I love working out at home because you can let the ego go and just do your best!
LES MILLS for Beginners Workout Schedules
If you’re new to working out or have a pre-existing condition, it’s always best to check with your doctor before starting a new workout or nutrition program.
Creating a LES MILLS for Beginners Mini Schedule
Above is LES MLLS’ plan for beginners, and we’ll also outline the details out below.
- WEEK ONE – 1- 20 min cardio workout, 1- 20 min strength workout and 1 -10 min core or flexibility workout
- WEEK TWO – 2- 20 min cardio workouts, 1- 30 min strength workout and 1- 20 min core or flexibility workout
- WEEK THREE – 2- 30 min cardio workouts, 1- 30 min and 1- 20 min strength workout and 1- 30 min core or flexibility workout
- WEEK FOUR – 2- 30 min and 1- 20 min cardio workouts, 1- 60 min strength workout and 1- 30 min core or flexibility workout
- WEEK FIVE – 2- 50 min and 1- 20 min cardio workouts, 1- 60 min and 1- 20 min strength workout and 1- 60 min core or flexibility workout
- WEEK SIX – 2- 60 min and 1- 30 min cardio workouts, 1- 60 min and 1- 30 min strength workout and 1- 60 min core or flexibility workout
The main thing is to start slow and gradually build onto your workouts so that you stick with it.
We also love being able to mix in cardio, strength, core, and flexibility into our routines with one service.
Choosing Your Workouts
So you may be asking yourself, what is considered a strength or cardio workout? What about core and flexibility?
We like that this plan gives you the freedom to pick out your favorite classes, but we also have a LES MILLS On Demand Calendar that gives you a specific workout per day too if you prefer that.
If you’re making your own LES MILLS for Beginners calendar, here are are the programs included in each exercise category.
CORE & FLEXIBILITY
- tai chi and yoga.
So you could now fill in your calendar with these programs using the guidelines above.
Another Sample LES MILLS for Beginners Calendar Would Be:
- Sunday: Rest
- Monday: 20 Minute BODYPUMP
- Tuesday: Rest
- Wednesday: 20 Minute BODYCOMBAT
- Thursday: CXWORX
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: BARRE
Additional LES MILLS on Demand for Beginners Schedules
LES MILLS also has 3 additional calendars for beginners that are members. You can only download these after signing up for the free trial.
The 3 Beginner Calendars They Offer Are:
- Fit Got Real – 3 Weeks
- Learn the basics – 3 weeks
- Introduction to Les Mills – 3 weeks
2 More LES MILLS on Demand for Beginner Calendars
If you’re looking for a specific workout to be outlined each day, you may also like these calendars that LES MILLS released with REEBOK late last year.
Which LES MILLS class is the best?
- BODYPUMP (Strength)
- RPM (Requires a Bike)
- BODYCOMBAT (Martial Arts)
- BODYATTACK (Sports Conditioning)
- BODYFLOW (Yoga Fusion)
You get access to all 5 programs On Demand!
You also get access to other workouts including:
- HIIT: LES MILLS GRIT (HIIT & Strength)
- BODYFLOW (Yoga Fusion)
- CXWORX (Core Conditioning)
- BODYSTEP (Step Aerobics)
- SH’BAM (Dance Fitness)
- LES MILLS BARRE (Ballet-Inspired Training)
- MIND BODY SERIES (Meditations)
- LES MILLS DANCE
- BORN TO MOVE
- LES MILLS TRAINING (Helps you build to GRIT)
- The Trip (Immersive Indoor Cycling -Bike required)
- Sprint (HIIT Indoor Cycling – Bike required)
What equipment is required for LES MILLS Workouts?
Since you have access to a ton of workouts, the amount of equipment will vary day-to-day.
Many of the workouts require no equipment.
You’ll need their barbell and/or plates in:
- Body Step
You may also need a step, bands, or yoga mat for some of the workout programs.
There are lots of no-equipment workouts as well!
How much is a LES MILLS subscription?
You can grab a free trial here, and after that it’s $12.99 (US dollars) each month or $139 for an annual membership.
It’s also pretty easy to cancel and there are no long-term commitments.
Where is Les Mills on Demand Available?
Les Mills on Demand is available in the US, UK, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Estonia, Poland, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and India. They’re also looking to expand into more countries.
Do they have DVDs?
No – Les Mills workouts are not available on DVD.
Is there a modifier?
There isn’t a designated modifier in most of the workouts, but they do offer modifications throughout class.
How do I access LES MILLS on demand?
To access LES MILLS on Demand, you can download the app on an Android, Apple, or Roku Device.
Just search “Les Mills on Demand” in the app store to find and download the app.
How many people can stream on one account?
While 3 devices in the same house can stream simultaneously, each membership is for one household only.
Tips for Using Les Mills on Demand
- Watch and Do the “Learn the Basics” schedule and how-to videos.
- Never skip your warm-up or cool down.
- Plan your workouts ahead of time using one of the calendars provided above.
- Give yourself 6ft of space to workout.
- Consider using a Fitbit or Apple Watch to track your heart rate.
- Make sure to also follow a healthy diet in order to get max results.
- Utilize the “My List” feature to make your workouts super easy to find!
- Find a group or accountability buddy to help you stay motivated!
- Always go at your own pace and modify when you need to.
- You can also incorporate the strength workouts with running on a compact treadmill if you wanted as well!