“Don’t carbs make you fat?” 🤔
In this episode, we talk about what carbs are, why you need them, when you need them – do you even need them?
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Carbs are a good energy source. They’re the first thing your body is going to use for energy.
- Simple carbs are the “bad” carbs such as your sugars – think Snickers bar! They’re simple and go through your system really fast. It gives you that energy rush, and then you’re going to crash.
- Complex carbs are your “better” carbs (ex. oatmeal, whole grains, potatoes). Because they’re more complex for your body to break down, you live off of the energy longer so you don’t crash as quickly.
- The Atkins diet and keto diet are very low carb diets which may not work well for everyone. We have to be mindful to eat more carbs than what’s recommended.
- When carbs aren’t used all up, they get stored as fat, and that’s when they get a bad rap.
- Not all carbs are bad, and really shouldn’t be labeled as such. Some are complex and some are simple. Limit your simple carbs.
- To figure out your net carb, take the total carbs minus the grams of fiber and sugar alcohols. This is only beneficial if you’re on a low carb diet.
- The Dough Bar
- Portion Fix
- Grab our special discounts on our Promo Codes page
- Kim & Kalee’s BFF Sisterhood group
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
Select “Ratings and Review”
Click “Write a Review”
Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at email@example.com about it!