Last week in our Reset & Simplify Your Life Series, we talked about how to avoid burn out by focusing on one goal, taking care of yourself, and creating a RELAX plan. Now, we’re digging into how to delegate tasks effectively so you have time to do those 3 things!
We would love for you to share your takeaways in our private Facebook Group, the BFF Sisterhood!
We’ll work through 7 questions to help you decide when and where to delegate.
Basically, we’ll be looking at your to-do list and figuring out the top 1-3 things you NEED to do to hit your goals….and only you can do those 1-3 things.
- Whats the 1 big goal you’re trying to accomplish right now? (Quit my job and make a full-time income doing what I love)
- List out 5 milestones you’ll hit within the next 12 months & how you’ll celebrate (5 new clients, $500 weekly mark, passive income set up on social and website, product made, etc)
- What do you still need in order to accomplish those milestones? (talk to people, follow up, post consistently, etc)
- If your goal is income-related, where are you currently making the most money? How can you grow this area quickly? (more clients, more views, more affiliates, etc)
- Whether your goal is time or income oriented, what tasks could someone else do for you pretty easily? (grocery, laundry, cleaning, driving, graphics, repurposing content for social media, scheduling social media, content creation, email marketing, etc)
- What would you do to move forward on your goal if someone did XYZ for you? (talk to more prospects, go live on facebook, record videos, create scripts for my team, etc)…something only you can do….THIS SHOULD BE YOUR 1-3 THINGS
- How will you track if it’s worth the money? (your hourly rate for household items, page views, income generated by email, free time, etc)*
*You may also like our episode on how to decide to buy a service because we dug into how to track if something is worth it — episode 45
Final Notes :: If you’re ready to hire someone….
Definitely go back and listen to episode 45 before hiring someone.
You have a couple options to hiring someone:
- EASIEST: service …instacart, shipt, uber, freshly, uplers
- STILL EASY-ISH: freelancer … we like this group versus upwork
- HARDER: long-term independent contractor
- HARDEST: employee (a little harder…tax, health care, etc)…we don’t have any, so we won’t hit on this.
As you move from service to independent contractor, the more time you’ll need to invest in finding someone perfect.
Hire Slow, Fire Fast.
- Job Description: Detailed List of Tasks & Expectations (Do they work weekends, can they answer for you…if so, in what cases, etc)
- Finding prospects: Ask your inner circle of peers or those ahead of you versus just sharing the listing
- You can also stalk people on Linkedin and reach out that way
- Interviewing them: Interview the person 3 times and with 3 different people also interviewing them. Meaning you also ask a peer, business partner, and/or spouse to interview the prospective hire along with you. You can do these interviews by:
- 3 Phone calls
- 3 Zoom or video conferences
- 3 In Person interviews
You won’t want to miss the upcoming episodes of the Reset & Simplify Your Life series!!
We’re sharing only the BEST lessons we’ve learned over the past 10 years!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!