When did it become appropriate to ask, “when are you having kids?” We talk about the shaming that happens when you don’t have children — whether due to infertility or choosing to be childless like Jake and Kalee have chosen.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Family, friends, and strangers feel it appropriate to ask this highly personal question.
- Dr. Amy Blackstone was on the The Today show about her research on choosing to be childless, and the anchors kept on with the society norm of “oh you’ll change your mind.”
- In 2015, Pope Francis said, “The choice to not have children is selfish.”
- Based on Dr. Blackstone’s findings, the reality is many child-free people like kids, don’t regret not having them, and don’t want to rely on a kid to take care of them when they’re elderly.
- 8 Reasons Why Millennials Aren’t Having Kids
- Childless by Choice: The Movement Redefining Family and Creating a New Age of Independence by Dr. Blackstone
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!