In this week’s episode, we start part 4 of our Reset & Simplify Your Life Series, we break down how to set yourself up for success with a to-do list, productivity hacks, and mojo boosters!!
In this episode, we look at how to set short term goals and how to take action on them!
How to Set Goals
You’ll need to figure out who, what, and how you’ll get to your goal BEFORE you start working on it.
- What will it take? Time, Skills, Obstacles to Overcome, Tasks
- Whose help will you need? Mentor, Coach, Spouse, Etc
- How will you accomplish your goal? Outline Vital Tasks to Do Daily or Weekly
Can you reword your goal to make it S.M.A.R.T.?
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic. You can learn more about setting SMART goals here.
Making Your Personal Goals List
You may have multiple goals! That’s great!
Your personal goals may fit under a part of the wheel of life we talked about last week.
- marriage & family
- friendship / social & friends
- money / finance & wealth
- body / health goals / fitness
- fun & experiences
- personal growth & self image
Examples of Personal Smart Goals
- I want to lose 50lbs by July.
- I want to quit my job by December.
- I want to become a millionaire in the next 10 years.
- I want to retire to Hawaii in 20 years.
How do long term goals differ from short term goals?
All of the examples above are long term goals because they take months or years to accomplish.
A short term goal is a smaller milestone to accomplish on your way to a long term goal.
- Lose 1-2lbs a week = short term
- Make $100 extra a week = short term
- Create & stick to a budget = short term
- Save & invest $100 a month (to retire to Hawaii) = short term
KISS – Keep it Simple Stupid – Choose 1 Big Goal!
Look at your list, and select pick ONE big goal to focus on.
My big goal is:
My weekly goal is:
I need to complete or delegate these tasks out, this week:
These are the dates and times I am setting aside for my weekly tasks:
Finalizing Your To Do List
- Get Specific on tasks and how much time they take and energy they require.
- Any task outside of your comfort zone should be listed first to do so you don’t skip it!
- Can you delegate anything? (even things like grocery shopping and cleaning)
- What are things do you need to STOP doing right now to free up your time?
Finding Your MoJo
- Determine the WHAT, HOW, WHY, or WHO that motivates you to push for your goal
- Declare your goal to 3 people you trust
- Know you may slip, and that’s when you have to refocus and rise to the occasion versus quitting
If you slip – look at your goal and plan.
- Do you need to rework something?
- Are you needing to get out of your comfort zone and aren’t?
- Where are you right now – ahead, behind, or on pace for your goal? Get CLEAR on this!
- Chunking Down Your Time by 60-90 Minutes
- Take time after each chunk of time to renew (maybe meditate or get outside)
- Kick starting the day with a positive affirmation, song, Bible time, or workout
- Limit negativity in your life. This includes negative people, news, and social media.
- Identify unhelpful habits and start to change them. Ask yourself, “does this honor my goal?”
A final note
Some goals may be as simple as pulling the trigger too — like booking that trip to Cabo.
If that’s the case – DO IT NOW. Build that confidence in goal setting!
Our Favorite Resources:
- Favorite Chapstick
- Sweet Mint Orbit Gum
- Freshly (So we don’t have to cook dinner!)
- Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
- Born to Win by Zig Ziglar
- Join our BFF Sisterhood Community on Facebook
You won’t want to miss the upcoming episodes of the Reset & Simplify Your Life series!!
We’re sharing only the BEST lessons we’ve learned over the past 10 years!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at email@example.com about it!