Are you considering starting your own business? Whether you’re considering entrepreneurship or just trying to figure out how to “manage it all” in life – Madison’s interview is packed full of useful ideas!
Madison has built a 6-figure business in the beauty industry as a full time makeup artist and event hair stylist. But her path wasn’t very straightforward – Madison moved to Nashville in 2007 and attended Belmont University where she graduated from in 2011.
With her sights set on a career in the music industry, she abruptly pivoted in 2015 and started her own beauty company. She now has 4 businesses and will be sharing some insight with us today on how she got here and her tips for success.
Key Notes from the Episode
- Before jumping in, have a plan! Madison stayed at her corporate job until she knew she had a nest egg saved up.
- Know the first few months require long hours and sometimes working for free to build up your portfolio and creditability.
- Consistency and trusting your gut are helpful in being successful!
- Your business isn’t just about what you offer, you have to commit time to prepping, administrative work, and everything else that goes along with a business.
- Madison talked about faking it until you make it and working hard to pull it off.
- Once you’ve gotten your business established, don’t forget to take time off. Madison takes Sundays off and 1-2x vacations per year.
Here’s a video of the interview as well!
Get in Touch with Madison
- Visit: MHD Beauty, MHD Cosmetics, Nashville Wedding Stylist, or her Tate and Zoey Shop
- Find her on Instagram @madisonhdennis | @mhdcosmetics | @nashvilleweddingstylist
- Connect on Facebook: MHD Beauty | MHD Cosmetics | Nashville Wedding Stylist
- Contact: email@example.com
You won’t want to miss the upcoming episodes of the Reset & Simplify Your Life series!!
We’re sharing only the BEST lessons we’ve learned over the past 10 years!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!