It’s the little things you do that make a relationship work. On today’s episode, happy couple and empty nesters, Sue and Mike, talk about relationships, parenthood, and personal growth.
Sue and Mike have two boys, Josh and Zach. Their lives revolved around their kids, and they did everything as a family. But now that their kids have grown and left their home, the couple shares how their life has changed since.
They also share some valuable insights into what makes a relationship work. Many couples take each other for granted. And their story is a beautiful reminder of how we all need to invest in a relationship. It takes work and it needs consistency – but it doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun too!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Empty nesting is a lot of fun because you have more time for each other as a couple, more time for travel and for yourself.
- Even if you’re super family-oriented, you still have to keep marriage a priority or something may fall apart. Invest in your relationship and strive for consistency.
- The more effort you put into a relationship, the more you get back from it. Think about things you can do together (ex. bike riding, coffee, and fun trips!)
- It takes work to make a relationship work. It’s fun, it could be flirty, whatever that looks like for you. Flirting should never stop between a couple. Give each other compliments.
- Get feedback from your partner about what you should work on to be better for the other person so you’re both working on your personal development as well. Never be satisfied with yourself. Always strive to be better.
- Failure is what keeps people from trying. So don’t think, just do!
- There are a lot of ways to still connect with your kids and support them even if they’ve left home. Try and do things that you will all enjoy!
- Bouncing Forward: Transforming Bad Breaks into Breakthroughs by Michaela Haas, PhD
- Multipliers, Revised and Updated: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
- Happier podcast Gretchen Rubin
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcast
- May’s Kim & Kalee Show Book Club Pick: Audacious by Beth Moore
- Kim & Kalee’s BFF Sisterhood group
- Check out the SueBee Homemaker
- Episode 80 with Sue
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at email@example.com about it!