Our Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup with hamburger meat is super easy to make in any pressure cooker and so delicious! This comforting soup packs protein, veggies, and is ready under 30 minutes — making it the perfect family dinner on a busy weeknight!
This is one of our family favorite recipes because it’s so simple to throw together! Using a pressure cooker makes our Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup taste like it’s been simmering on the stove all day — and yet it’s ready in less than a half hour!
What is Pressure Cooker Hamburger Vegetable Soup?
This hamburger veggie soup packs a ton of veggies, and since you can use canned vegetables, it’s super quick to make too! We love pairing it with cornbread!
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- It’s a classic. One spoonful of our vegetable soup will take you back in time to when your momma made soup!
- Such a great way to sneak in vegetables! While we love eating healthy, we struggle to eat enough vegetables. This sneaks in a ton!
- Kids will love it too! All of the ingredients are simple and straightforward — making it a kid approved!
Tips to Making the Best Pressure Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cut up your potatoes up in small cubes to get them soft. The larger the potato, the firmer it will be in the soup.
- Choose extra lean hamburger meat to avoid extra fat in the soup.
- Add in any extra veggies that you love!
How Long Does This Vegetable Soup Last?
The soup lasts about 4 days in an air-tight container in the fridge, and you can also freeze it for up to 6 months!
Do I Need to Cook the Hamburger First?
We recommend placing your hamburger meat, olive oil, and onions in your pressure cooker first and setting it to sauté before adding in your vegetables.
Cooking your hamburger first will give the soup more flavor, and it’s still super easy to do!
You Can also Make it Ahead of Time!
Since the soup will last a few days after you make it, you can always make it at the beginning of the week and eat on it a few nights.
You could also freeze a batch and unthaw it to enjoy anytime within 6 months!
I actually like this soup, and our chili recipe, the 2nd day after it’s had time to sit!
What is needed to make Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup?
All of the ingredients are super simple! While we chose canned vegetables, you could also use fresh or frozen vegetables as well!
- extra lean hamburger meat
- chopped onion
- cubed potatoes
- 1 diced carrot
- canned corn
- canned green beans
- canned peas
- canned diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- Better Than Bullion Vegetable Broth
- celery seed
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground hamburger meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can green beans, undrained
- 1 can peas, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bullion Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground celery seed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place hamburger meat and olive oil into the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add onions to hamburger meat and stir to combine.
- When hamburger meat has been cooked thoroughly and is browned all the way through, drain grease and replace inner pot.
- Add potatoes, carrot, corn, green beans, peas, diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the inner pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, celery seed and Better Than Bullion, then stir to combine.
- Cover and lock lid of Instant Pot and set to High for 9 minutes.
- Natural release, serve and enjoy!
This soup lasts about 3-4 days after you cook it, and it's great for leftovers! We actually prefer it the 2nd day! You will want to store it in an air-tight container and place it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
You can also freeze it in a freezer-safe bag up to 6 months!
We also love serving keto cornbread with this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 616mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
This is only an approximation of nutritional information and may not be accurate.