As students of Monica’s, we also teamed up to be an affiliate for her Digital Shop Experience.
Who is Monica Froese?
Monica Froese is a digital product and marketing expert. She has helped 1000s of small business owners take their profits to the next level using the her marketing and content strategies.
What is Monica Froese’s Digital Shop Experience?
Monica Froese’s Digital Shop Experience (DSE) is one of the most comprehensive online courses that teach you how to create a 6-figure a digital product Shopify store. It is well-designed and helps entrepreneurs go from setting up their shop to generating recurring revenue.
The Digital Shop Experience Pros and Cons
We went through the first round of The Digital Shop Experience in January 2023, and while we loved it – there were some pros and cons.
1. It’s a one-stop-shop.
She includes how to set up a brand new store, optimize it, and generate more revenue.
2. The content is very tailored to online digital product creators.
This was huge for us because so many Shopify courses are for physical items.
3. The attention to detail is amazing.
Monica doesn’t skip over the details and specifics. She breaks everything down step-by-step.
4. You get so much for the price-point.
While DSE is an investment, you get so much out of it.
5. The audio files are perfect for learning on the go or as a refresher.
Monica’s team put the lessons in Thinkific and also as audio files which make it so easy to learn.
6. The spreadsheets alone are a game-changer.
The product creation tracker and promotional spreadsheet have helped us get organized and more productive.
7. You learn how to run reports to maximize future earnings.
Monica breaks down how she uses her shop’s data to maximize profits for the following quarter and year.
8. The Flash Sale materials are in-depth and wonderful!
Monica grew her shop’s average order value (how much people spend each time they shop) using sales strategies. She walks you through this and how to organize a weekly Flash Sale. She even includes email templates!
1. Monica is super smart.
While this should be a pro, but her mind works quickly. This meant we had to go back and watch to learn some of the strategies.
2. There is a LOT of information.
Again, this could be seen as a pro because of the value of information — but it also felt overwhelming at times.
3. You will need to add on some products to fully optimize your shop.
We spent approximately $700 on a year of Shopify, a domain, and an email collector. These things were optional, but we wanted them for optimizing our shop.
4. This was probably a user error on our part, but we personally struggled with the tax and inventory pieces.
Taxes were lightly touched on, but it wasn’t as in-depth as the rest of the training. This is because taxes will vary for everyone. We had to reach out to Shopify’s support because we made an error in the the tax / billing section which effected the inventory piece of our products. This was probably more user error, but we wanted to mention it to be transparent.
Do I need a Shopify account to use the Digital Shop Experience training?
You don’t have to have a Shopify account before signing up for the training, but you will need a one to apply the training. Monica walks you through how to sign up and set up your Shopify e-commerce store in the first module of the course.
What is the best course on Shopify?
There are hundreds of free courses on how to learn to use Shopify, but they aren’t all created equal. Some are low-quality with only a few little nuggets of helpful information, and others are not tailored to small business owners with digital products. The Digital Shop Experience is specifically created for digital entrepreneurs.
Does Shopify work with digital products?
Yes, you can sell digital products on Shopify. It’s the easiest and probably the most popular e-commerce platform for digital products. You don’t need a large budget or major tech skills to use Shopify.
Digital products include digital artwork, printables, spreadsheets, private video or audio content, and other online services.
If you’ve ever used something like Etsy, eBay, or Poshmark, you won’t have any trouble with Shopify.
Is Digital Shop Experience worth it?
The Digital Shop Experience was worth it to us. The information provided was thorough and tailored to our goal to launch a store with digital products. We were able to save time by going through one course, and every strategy taught has been tested and proven to work.
The spreadsheets and reports offered to track your products, profit, and average order value were also well worth the investment. We use them every week — multiple times a week usually.
How long is The Digital Shop Experience?
The Digital Shop Experience is a 3-phase program with a welcome module to help you set up your store. While you can work at your own pace through the course, Monica recommends taking 12 weeks to implement everything though, and we agree.
There is a lot to take in even if you binge watch and implement the strategies. We’d recommend budgeting about 2 hours per week on the 3-month pace.
Why This Course?
As we’ve mentioned above, Monica Froese is an expert in the field, and she’s coached people to create a 6-figure shop across a variety of niches. The content is also very tailored to online entrepreneurs offering digital products, and there isn’t another program that does that right now.
Who much is The Digital Shop Experience?
The Digital Shop Experience is typically $1,997.
What will you learn?
In The Digital Shop Experience, you’ll learn:
- How to set up your Shopify Store
- Setting up your Shopify settings
- How to change your store name
- How to add and track with Google analytics
- How to submit your shop to popular shop catalogs
- How to create an irresistible storefront
- How to repurpose content for your shop
- Creating products, collections, and menus in Shopify
- How to offer discounts
- How to get sales on Shopify
- Top sales strategies
- Using gift cards and store credit
- Ways to promote your store using existing sales funnels and platforms
- How to optimize your shop’s theme
- How to optimize product pages
- The best Email pop-up service
- The best bundle apps for Shopify themes
- The best apps to increase sales
- Customizable Email templates
- Abandon Cart Emails templates
- Ways to audit your shop and maximize profits
- How to build a marketing calendar
- Shopify email integrations and templates
- How to pull reports and read data
- Shopify SEO tips
These are just a few of the things you’ll learn in the course, and Monica also provides the game-changing spreadsheets we mentioned above.
What is included with The Digital Shop Experience?
- The Digital Shop Experience Complete Program ($1997 value)
- Private Podcast Audio Feed of ALL Trainings ($197 value)
- Digital Shop Experience Template Pack ($197 value)
- Your Shop Listed on the Monica Froese Website ($197 Value)