We love mason jar salads because they’re easy to meal prep, convenient to grab and don’t get soggy! Grab our tips and favorite salad recipes below!
Before we dig into which mason jar salad recipes we love, we wanted to take a second to answer a few frequently asked questions. These will help you master lunch in no time!
How long do mason jar salads last?
Mason jar salads last about 5-7 days. For maximum freshness, store them in the refrigerator.
Can you make salads ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can prep mason jar salads once or twice a week!
How do you pack mason jar salads?
The bottom should be hard veggies (like tomatoes and carrots) and toppings.
Then stack in soft veggies, beans and toppings. If you have pasta, protein, or cheese add it here too.
Your greens should be on top!
Also, I store my dressing separately, but each recipe is different. Some people put the dressing on the very bottom.
Where can you buy mason jars with strong lids?
I really prefer mason jars because with glass because you don’t have to worry about the chemicals like you do with plastic. I do use plastic lids though since the metal canning lids aren’t as tight.
They’re also pretty affordable and can be found at stores like Walmart. You can also order them off of Amazon now!
15 Unique & Delicious Mason Jar Salads
- Above: Broccoli Salads with Kale and Apple (15 Minute Prep)
- Loaded Salad Jar (5 Minute Prep)
- Beet Apple Carrot Slaw (20 Minute Prep)
You may also like our 13 Simple Steps to Eating Healthier
- Above: Pasta Salad (8 Minute Prep)
- Avocado Garlic Salad (30 Minute Prep)
- Capres Mason Jar Salad (10 Minute Prep)
You may also like these Best Breakfast Bar Recipes & Brands
- Above:: Peanut Crunch Salad (20 Minute Prep)
- Chicken Salad Mason Jar Salads (No Mayo Dressing) (20ish Minute Prep)
- Rainbow Mason Jar Salad (10 Minute Prep)
You may also like these healthy lunch ideas!
- Above: Chicken and Quinoa Mason Jar Salad (10 Minute Prep)
- Summer Sunshine Salad (heavy veggies!) (15 Minute Prep)
- Taco Salad in a Jar (20ish Minute Prep)
You may also like these breakfast smoothies!
- Above: Spinach and Bacon Mason Jar Salad (15 Minute Prep)
- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad (15 Minute Prep)
- Cobb Salad in a Jar (10 Minute Prep)
You can also grab 5 more recipes at Easy Paleo Salads!
That wraps up a few of our favorite mason jar salads! Do you have a favorite?
What’s on your meal plan this week?
Love these ideas? Pin it for later!
One reason we love mason jar salads is because they’re so convenient! We aren’t big on cooking or spending a ton of time in the kitchen (unless it’s over a bottle of wine). Hehe!
So we’ve also ranked our favorite Meal Delivery Services like Blue Apron!