Episode 9 Notes: Our Take on a Healthy Balanced Life
We believe in everything in moderation. We’ve outlined our favorite tips on nutrition and exercise, but your mindset also has a lot to do with health. Check out Ep 10 for mindset tips.
- Everything in moderation
- We don’t count calories, carbs or protein
- We eat a mix of whole and processed foods
- A sample day looks like:
- 1/2 Cup oatmeal with 1 cup berries 1 Tbsp flaxseed & a little honey
- Turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce, tomato and a pickle
- Apple with peanut butter
- Chicken breast with stir fry veggies and brown rice – topped with amino acids
- A 250 calorie or less treat (Snickers bar, Halo Top, etc)
- We create a weekly meal plan.
- We have about 5 weeks of plans we like, and we rotate them.
- This keeps grocery shopping, prepping and remember to eat easy!
- We plan for date nights or a birthday party on the meal plan.
- On a day we know we want pizza AND a piece of birthday cake, we will cut back our “daily treat” for a couple days before.
- We don’t use MyFitnessPal, but it’s a good resource is a set plan for the week makes you feel overwhelmed.
- We eat a lot of the same healthy meals over and over.
- Exercise shouldn’t be miserable.
- Take a couple of weeks to find what you like – dance, yoga, circuit training, kickboxing, walking, running, etc.
- Find where you like to workout. We love to workout at home!
- Working out at home is convenient, affordable, and offers a ton of variety.
- We also love that the trainers’ guide you through proper form.
- Beachbody workouts are all we use!
- We love the level of production quality.
- The variety is great. There are 600+ workouts available, and they are adding new ones all the time.
- Beachbody workouts also include a nutrition plan and workout calendar!
- You can now stream all 600+ workouts plus get access to recipes, tips, exclusive bonuses and more with Beachbody on Demand. View our review of it on a friend’s site here.
- If you need help choosing a workout – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s not about being perfect!
- Don’t over do it, or you’ll rebound back to old habits.
- 30 minutes a day or just 3x a week is enough to see results!
Our Favorite Resources
These are our favorite tools for healthy living. Below does contain affiliate links.
- Joy Bauer’s 90/10 Diet Plan – Includes 2 weeks of meal plans, and you get ice cream on the plan!
- Shakeology is our daily multi-vitamin. We love it and a vitamin-B complex to feel our best.
- Beachbody on Demand is the online streaming service we use for our workouts. You get access to 600+ workouts plus any new Beachbody workouts for a year! There is a 14-Day Free trial on the bottom right.
- The 21 Day Fix, TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme are 3 of our favorite workouts if you need something on a DVD.
How do you live a healthy balanced life?
Subscribe So You Don’t Miss An Episode!
Find us on any Podcast app under The Kim and Kalee Show or iTunes