The Kim and Kalee Show is back after a hiatus! We’ll be bringing you entertainment and tips each week on a 30 minute-ish podcast! Episode 9’s focus was all about living a healthy balanced life.
Subscribe to The Kim and Kalee Show Podcast Here
Episode 9 Notes: Our Take on a Healthy Balanced Life
We’ve been in the health industry for 5 years and have always had a passion for it. We created a strong community and have helped 1000s of people get healthier with our social media and first fitness blog.
We believe in everything in moderation. We’ve outlined our favorite tips on nutrition and exercise, but your mindset also has a lot to do with health. Check out Ep 10 for mindset tips.
- Everything in moderation
- We don’t count calories, carbs or protein
- We eat a mix of whole and processed foods
- A sample day looks like:
- 1/2 Cup oatmeal with 1 cup berries 1 Tbsp flaxseed & a little honey
- Turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce, tomato and a pickle
- Apple with peanut butter
- Chicken breast with stir fry veggies and brown rice – topped with amino acids
- A 250 calorie or less treat (Snickers bar, Halo Top, etc)
- We create a weekly meal plan.
- We have about 5 weeks of plans we like, and we rotate them.
- This keeps grocery shopping, prepping and remember to eat easy!
- We plan for date nights or a birthday party on the meal plan.
- On a day we know we want pizza AND a piece of birthday cake, we will cut back our “daily treat” for a couple days before.
- We don’t use MyFitnessPal, but it’s a good resource is a set plan for the week makes you feel overwhelmed.
- We eat a lot of the same healthy meals over and over.
- Exercise shouldn’t be miserable.
- Take a couple of weeks to find what you like – dance, yoga, circuit training, kickboxing, walking, running, etc.
- Find where you like to workout. We love to workout at home!
- Working out at home is convenient, affordable, and offers a ton of variety.
- We also love that the trainers’ guide you through proper form.
- Beachbody workouts are all we use!
- We love the level of production quality.
- The variety is great. There are 600+ workouts available, and they are adding new ones all the time.
- Beachbody workouts also include a nutrition plan and workout calendar!
- You can now stream all 600+ workouts plus get access to recipes, tips, exclusive bonuses and more with Beachbody on Demand. View our review of it on a friend’s site here.
- If you need help choosing a workout – email us at email@example.com
- It’s not about being perfect!
- Don’t over do it, or you’ll rebound back to old habits.
- 30 minutes a day or just 3x a week is enough to see results!
Our Favorite Resources
These are our favorite tools for healthy living. Below does contain affiliate links.
- Joy Bauer’s 90/10 Diet Plan – Includes 2 weeks of meal plans, and you get ice cream on the plan!
- Shakeology is our daily multi-vitamin. We love it and a vitamin-B complex to feel our best.
- Beachbody on Demand is the online streaming service we use for our workouts. You get access to 600+ workouts plus any new Beachbody workouts for a year! There is a 14-Day Free trial on the bottom right.
- The 21 Day Fix, TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme are 3 of our favorite workouts if you need something on a DVD.
If you liked our podcast, please share it with your friends!! See you next week!
How do you live a healthy balanced life?
Subscribe So You Don’t Miss An Episode!
Find us on any Podcast app under The Kim and Kalee Show or iTunes