Today we are learning about fitness, macros, and muscles from Breanne Freeman, author of The Ultimate Girls Guide to Getting Lean and Strong. If you’d like to listen to the full interview make sure to check out our Podcast, The Kim and Kalee Show!
From her early days as a gymnast, Breanne has always maintained a physical lifestyle, but it wasn’t until college when she first started learning the benefits of weight training that she truly began to understand the benefit of becoming lean and strong.
During our interview with Breanne Freeman, we asked:
- Will you share what motivated you want more than “average” and how your mindset has changed about fitness, weight, and health since that turning point?
- If you could only give ONE piece of advice to women – what would it be?
- ____ is always in my refrigerator or pantry.
- We recently purchased your “The Ultimate Girls Guide” and love the simple break down to eating in order to achieve our fitness goals. It allows for quite a bit of eating…eating nutrient-rich foods of course…but still more than what some women feel that they can eat and reach their goals. What do you say to reassure them that our bodies do indeed need this in order to get results?
- If someone is just getting into working out – what’s a good first step? What would a week of workouts look like?
- In contrast, if someone has been working out for a while and they’re not seeing results like they used to, what would you recommend they do?
- Can we take a minute to also talk about your future plans? Will you join Joel in as a celebrity trainer for a Beachbody program?
You’ll want to listen to the full interview to get all of her answers, but here’s a quick summary of some of her answers!
Cardio exercise can be good for you but you are most likely going to see better results with weight training.
Weight training is also beneficial in keeping lean muscle mass which will help keep your metabolism boosted as you age.
If you do decide to begin a new exercise or nutrition routine it’s important to ease it rather than jumping in full force.
As the saying goes, “Slow and steady wins the race, and over the long term, it is much easier to maintain.”
Breanne Freeman’s Tips to Getting Better Results
- Dialing in nutrition is essential to getting results.
- Make sure you balance your diet and don’t skip the protein.
- Focus on changing bad habits not just on reaching your end result.
- When starting a new fitness routine, stick to 3-4 days a week.
- Women shouldn’t be too concerned about weights making their muscles big and bulky.
Along with her guide, she also turned us onto Built Bars! Check out our full Built Bar Review here!
If you loved this week’s episode with Breanne Freeman, we know you’ll love our other shows too!
You can learn more about our podcast The Kim and Kalee Show here!
We talk about our lives, healthy habits, motivation, mindset, and so much more!
We also absolutely love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes if you have a second!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!