In this week’s episode we share some of our favorite healthy swaps for some of our less than healthy foods. For instance, we love Quest protein chips as a substitute for regular potato chips, or an egg with a couple egg whites for an omelet.
Check out the show for 20+ swaps that we like.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Ghee vs margarine
- Oatmeal swap the raisins for fresh fruit and sugar for a sugar substitute or cinnamon
- Waffles & Pancakes go with a protein mix like kodiak
- Choose an omelette over the pancakes or french toast
- Mix eggs and egg whites to save calories and add veggies
- No fat options are usually lower calorie (light n fit)
- Quest Chips or baked chips
- Orange or fruit vs chips
- Fresh fruit vs a juice
- Extreme! Wellness tortillas
- No enriched bread – we like Daves Killer Bread
- Skip the sweet deli meat and go for oven roasted
- Skip the bun
- Fajitas vs Nachos
- Get dressing, butter, and sugar stuff on the side
- Leanest Meat
- Quest pizza, Amys pizza, or lean cuisine if your family is having pizza
- Avocado or hummus vs mayo
- Cauliflower Tots vs Fries
- Zoodles or spaghetti squash vs Noodles
- Cauliflower Rice
- Doughbar Donuts
- Buy individual candy vs a bag
- Fruit popsicle or halo top instead of ice cream
- Red Sauce vs White Sauce
- Straight liquor vs wine or flavored liquor
- Red wine over sweet white wines or dessert wines
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
- Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!