As part of our At Home this Fall series, we had the chance to interview Kati Farrer from Houseful of Handmade!!
She shares with us how she got started in her own DIY projects as well as how newbies like us can get started!!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Having a father who is an electrician, Kati was exposed early to doing projects at home.
- She shares even though with her up-bringing, she started small with her own projects.
- She suggests adding to your tool box as you complete a project.
- Her best advice…just do it!! Know you’ll make mistakes, but you can learn from those, too. Don’t be too scared of making them that it keeps you from trying.
- Kati & her husband are remodeling their temporary home that is sitting on their dream home property.
- She shares how to remodel on a budget. Since this home is a temporary home until they build their dream home in 5 years, she is remodeling, making this home beautiful while being respectful of the budget.
- Aside from the big home DIY projects, Kati loves to share how to make your own presents to give at the holidays.
If you missed part 1 of our At Home Series, listen to our Comfy at Home episode!
- Check out all of Kati’s projects and how-to’s on her site: Houseful of Handmade!!
- Kati’s Pinterest
- Kati’s Instagram
- Kati’s Facebook page
- Kati’s YouTube
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at email@example.com about it!