We’re back! A lot of people say this is “their year” – but what if it’s not your day, your month, or even your year? It can feel more isolating when the whole world’s moving on and you still find yourself struggling. And so today, we want to talk about giving yourself some grace.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Being kind to yourself and showing yourself some grace doesn’t mean allowing excuses. It means going back to yourself and checking how you’re feeling. Recognize the feeling, what’s causing it, and let it go.
- Look back for the last 12 to 18 months, and just see how resilient you are. And you’re probably not giving yourself enough credit for everything that you’ve made it through.
- It’s not a burden to ask. If you don’t know where to look for resources, ask people because you’re more than likely not the first person to go through this.
- There’s no pain greater than losing your dog or your loved one but you’ve got to share your grief at some point and talk about it. Do something productive and positive.
- Instead of saying “we did this wrong,” say, “we could have done it better.”
- Take some time to pray and be intentional with it. If it takes you 30 minutes to watch Friends, then you should be able to take 30 minutes and be with God.
- Find a good support system. Whether it’s your spouse or a friend, find somebody you can talk to about anything.
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
- Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!