Today, we talk all about protein – why you need it, sources of protein, and some myths around it that we need to dispel.
We shoot for around 115 grams a day. And sometimes, that can be hard. You can only eat so many egg whites and stuff. So where else can we get protein from? And how much protein do we really need each day?
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- The term “macros” is short for macronutrients, and three different types of them: protein, carbs, and fat.
- Protein is designed to repair and rebuild your tissues. It also helps with your hormone systems and immune system. It is necessary to burn fat versus muscle loss.
- Without enough and you’re losing weight, you’re probably losing muscle mass. And you don’t want to lose muscle mass because muscles help you burn fat.
- If you’re not eating enough protein and eating low calorie, you can lose the bone mass. Make healthy habits now so you don’t lose as much muscle mass as you age.
- The first step is to track your calories. The next step is to track your consumption of this macro nutrient. Your daily protein requirement is 0.8 to 1 gram per pound.
- You don’t have to be a bodybuilder – you still need to maintain your muscle through resistance training at whatever age.
- We’re dispelling some myths around protein such as it hurting your kidneys and do the shakes bulk you up.
- We’re dishing out some ideas for great protein sources!
- Beachbody Performance Supplement Line Review
- Grab our special discounts on our Promo Codes page
- Kim & Kalee’s BFF Sisterhood group
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
- Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!