May is skin cancer awareness month, and we wanted to have on one of our favorite Derm Nurse Practitioners, Kristen Stirling, because she has been amazing at educating us on proper skincare without being judgy or preachy!
- Medical Dermatology
- Skin Care
- Wound Healing
- Infection Control
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- We cover the myths of skin cancer like base tans are a safe way to prepare for the beach.
- Kristen discusses the differences between sunblock and sunscreen and which one is the better
- She shared about other types of sun protection are out there now
- How much sunscreen/sun block should be used & how often
- We talk about how often people should go in for skin checks and when we all should start going
- Kristen also shares her favorite products with us for sun protection as well as anti-aging!! Score!
- You can reach out to Kristen through her online dermatology site: Tennessee Telederm (tntelederm.com)
- May’s Kim & Kalee Show Book Club Pick: Audacious by Beth Moore
- Kim & Kalee’s BFF Sisterhood group
A Few of the Recommended Products:
- Cetaphil Face Wash
- Cetaphil Moisturizer
- Long Sleeve UV Sun Protection Shirts
- Coppertone Pure & Simple Baby SPF 50 Mineral Based Sunscreen Lotion
- Acure Day Cream with SPF
- See Tennessee Telederm for more of Kristen’s recommendations
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!