This Easy Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe is the ultimate comfort food! You can literally prepare this within just a few minutes and throw it into your slow cooker for dinner all week! We love the creaminess and warmth during the Fall and Winter months!
This is one of our favorite dishes as soon as the temperature drops! While it’s not the healthiest recipe, it feels like a treat without being overly indulgent! So even when we’re trying to eat well, this soup is easy to fit into your calories or macros!
Plus – it’s a family favorite!
It’s also great for parties or get-togethers because you can make a large batch in the crockpot!
What Ingredients Go Into Potato Soup?
- Russet potatoes
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- White onion
- Whole milk
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Salt & pepper
How Do You Make Potato Soup in a Slow Cooker?
- Place the diced potatoes, onions, butter in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with the broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the potatoes have completely softened, use an immersion blender or potato masher to mash the potatoes. If you like a thicker soup, use a potato masher. If you like a creamier soup, use an immersion blender.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, and ½ a cup of shredded cheese and continue to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with remaining cheddar cheese and green onions.
What is Good with Potato Soup?
This slow cooker baked potato soup is the perfect comfort food! We like to pair it with Sister Schubert rolls or small sandwiches. If you’re looking to pair it with a meat, roast beef, or grilled chicken would be a great with it.
Can You Eat This Loaded Potato Soup Recipe as Leftovers?
This recipe does reheat well, but don’t try to freeze the leftovers. (Milk-based soups typically don’t freeze and reheat very well!) But since this soup will keep for a few days in the fridge, leftovers are easy!
And this soup is so delicious, the leftovers probably won’t last long!
Easy Crockpot Potato Soup with Cream Cheese Recipe
We chose to use cream cheese in our recipe because it just makes it so creamy and rich. You can also use sour cream instead of the cream cheese if you wanted a tangy flavor.
You May Also Like These Substitution Ideas
- Try Yukon Gold in place of Russet potatoes.
- Swap a white onion for a sweet onion.
Other Classic Comfort Foods
- Simple Crockpot Mississippi Roast Recipe
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pineapple Teriyaki Recipe
Have you tried our easy crockpot potato soup recipe? Tell us what you think!
Tip: Try using a low sodium broth and adjusting salt to taste. The sodium can add up quickly when using packaged broth and adding your own salt helps you control the flavor. Substitution Ideas Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Tip: Try using a low sodium broth and adjusting salt to taste. The sodium can add up quickly when using packaged broth and adding your own salt helps you control the flavor.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Love this recipe?
We also have 9 weeks of family-approved, healthy meals you may like! You can get 20% off with the code BLOG – Grab the 9 Weeks of Meal Plans here!