Sliders are such a great appetizer for a game day party or a quick lunch or dinner option for your family. Below, we’ll outline how to cook sliders in the air fryer quickly and easily! They’re such a delicious meal!
Whether you’re cooking frozen sliders or making your own mini burgers from scratch, using your air fryer is a great way to save some time. But figuring out how to cook sliders in your air fryer can be difficult thanks to the size of the mini sandwiches.
Mini burgers can easily overcook and burn if you’re not careful, so it’s important to figure out the right cooking time to ensure your sliders taste amazing!
Can you put sliders in the air fryer?
Yes, both fresh and frozen sliders can go into your air fryer! In fact, making mini burgers from scratch in your air fryer is a great way to speed up the cook time and contain the mess.
To make sliders in the air fryer, you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper or burger seasoning of your choice
- Cheese slices (optional)
- Slider buns
How to Cook Sliders in the Air Fryer
- To cook your homemade sliders in the air fryer, start with one pound of ground beef. Break the beef into 8 to 10 mini patties, depending on how big you want your burgers to be. Roll each of the sections into a ball, then flatten each ball into a disk between your hands.
- Season both sides of the burger patties with salt and pepper or add your favorite burger seasoning to the meat. Then place four to five patties inside the basket of your air fryer. As you arrange the mini burgers in the air fryer basket, make sure not to overcrowd the pan. Keep the burger patties from touching each other to ensure even cooking. You will need to cook your sliders in batches for this reason.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees, then place the air fryer basket into the air fryer with the burgers. Cook the burgers for a total of 8 minutes. After four minutes, remove the basket from the air fryer and flip the burgers, then continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
- To make cheeseburger sliders, place a small slice of cheese on top of each patty after the burgers are finished cooking. Keep the patties in the basket and return the basket to the air fryer. Allow the sliders to sit in the warm air fryer for one minute to melt the cheese, then transfer the burgers to your slider buns to serve.
How do you air fry frozen sliders?
Using your air fryer to heat up frozen sliders, like frozen White Castle burgers, is a great way to cook those mini burgers. In addition to avoiding the sogginess that often comes with heating sliders in the microwave, you can also create a deliciously crispy bun on your frozen burgers with the help of your air fryer.
When using your air fryer to heat up frozen sliders, there’s no need to preheat the appliance. Simply place the frozen sliders in the basket upside down, with the top bun touching the bottom of the air fryer basket. You can cook up to four mini frozen sliders at once in most air fryers. Just make sure not to overcrowd the basket and keep the mini burgers from touching each other as they cook.
After arranging the sliders in the basket, pop the air fryer basket directly in the air fryer. Set the air fryer to cook at 390 degrees for 10 minutes. Halfway through the cook time, remove the basket from the air fryer and flip the sliders over. After that, return the basket and continue cooking for an additional five minutes.
If you love using your air fryer, we also think you’ll love our Hot Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian rolls!
We love using the air fryer for these! They are just the perfect party food!
How to reheat sliders in the air fryer?
Using your air fryer to reheat sliders that have already been cooked is a great way to heat up your leftovers. And since the hamburger has already been cooked, there’s no need to wait a long time for your sliders to heat up when using this handy appliance.
To reheat your sliders, preheat your air fryer to 300 degrees. Then, place the sliders and buns in the basket and cook for 2 minutes.
How long do I keep sliders in the air fryer?
The cook time will depend on whether you’re cooking frozen sliders, mini burgers from scratch, or reheating already cooked sliders.
Follow these cook times for each slider option:
Preheat the air fryer, then cook the burger patties for 8 minutes at 350 degrees, flipping halfway through the cook time.
Cook the burger patties with frozen buns for 10 minutes at 390 degrees, flipping the sliders halfway through the cook time.
Reheat your cooked sliders by preheating the air fryer and placing the sliders and bun in the air fryer basket at 300 degrees for 2 minutes.
We hope this guide has helped you master the best way to cook your delicious sliders!
Looking for brunch ideas? Check out these fun air fryer breakfast recipes!
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes & Tips
- Air Fryer Blueberry Bread
- Air Fryer Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- How Long to Cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Easy Ham Sliders with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Air Fryer Paleo Meatloaf Sliders