There’s nothing like wowing someone with a fresh Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake! This pink and red dessert is always a hit whether it’s for a brunch, party, or a romantic dinner for two. Learn how simple it is to make with our step-by-step guide!
Some of our favorite desserts include fresh strawberries!
My mom’s birthday is in the Summer, and the taste of fresh strawberry cake or pie always makes me take a breath and be in the moment.
Plus – anything strawberry is always better. Even strawberry Laffy Taffy and Jolly Ranchers are miles above the rest.
Unlike other Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake recipes, we’ll be using fresh strawberries and ingredients….and we bet your family and friends will be able to tell the difference!
This cake is so light, fluffy, and perfect for so many occasions! Plus, it’s pretty dang simple to make!
We’ll outline how to make the whole recipe from scratch, but if you’re in a hurry, we’ll let you in on a family secret:
You can also always use a box of vanilla cake mix and just make the cheesecake part. We like Duncan Hines’ cakes.
(We won’t tell a soul!)
Our Cheesecake is actually a no-bake recipe!
We’ve tried baking cheesecakes in the past, and usually they end up being dry. So we wanted to do a no-bake option that is super easy for anyone!
Plus – it cuts down on the cooking and prep times so you can throw this recipe together for a dinner party or backyard BBQ easily.
Having A Signature Dessert
When we started baking, we wanted to find recipes we could perfect and use over and over again.
Our fresh Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake recipe is perfect for Valentines’ Day because it’s pink and white, but it’s also gorgeous next to pastels at Easter brunches! And who can say no to a fresh strawberry dessert at a cookout?!
This one recipe can be your signature dessert, and the best part? You can make it quickly and easily!
How to Make a Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Here’s a quick summary of what you’ll need and how to make our strawberry shortcake cheesecake.
Below the summary, you’ll find a recipe card with more detailed (but simple!) step-by-step instructions.
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Cream Cheese (I used vegan cream cheese)
- Yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tspb Corn Starch
- 2 tspb Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Cake Mix or you can make it with flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, vinegar, vanilla, oil, and water.
First, you’ll want to make and bake your cake at 350 degrees.
Once your cake is done, you’ll want to let it cool completely and then cut it in half.
As the cake cools, you can start mixing up your no bake cheesecake layer in a medium bowl.
Then, you’ll want to slice your strawberries that you’ll use to layer into the cake.
Once you have that done, you’ll just want to make a layer of strawberries on top of the cake and begin spooning the cheesecake batter over the bottom half of the cake.
Then, you’ll place the other half of the cake on top of that later and repeat.
We like to let the recipe set up in the fridge for about 2 hours or place it in a freezer for about 30 minutes.
Favorite Kitchen Tools for This Recipe:
You may also like our:
- 12 Fresh Strawberries
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, I used vegan cream cheese
- 5 oz Yogurt, I used coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Start by baking the cake by preheating your oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in 1/3 cup increments and mix until smooth.
- A springform pan with the cake batter.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from the springform pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Cut cake in half horizontally with a large serrated knife.
- Place bottom half of cake into the springform pan.
- Make the cheesecake by combining all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mixing until smooth.
- Slice the strawberries and place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the cake.
- Spoon half of the cheesecake batter over the bottom cake half in the springform pan.
- Place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the cheesecake.
- Place the other half of the cake on top of this layer of strawberries.
- Place the remaining cheesecake on top of the cake and smooth the top.
- Allow the cheesecake to set up in the fridge for 2 hours or the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g