Whether it’s a new year or you’re seeking a new direction, these new beginning quotes will uplift you.
Finding the courage to begin something new isn’t always easy. That’s why I love looking for inspirational quotes that offer encouragement during those tough times. With the help of these new beginning quotes, you can find the inspiration you need to take that next step.
Whether you’re starting a new job or hoping to begin a new chapter in your life, these helpful quotes will provide the motivation you need to begin again.
New Beginning Quotes
Quotes are a great way to get inspired when times are tough. And if you’re hoping to start anew, finding inspiration from those that have been through it is a great way to get motivated.
These quotes from famous people, books, and movies are the perfect way to encourage yourself to take that next step.
- “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” -Buddha
- “Darkness must pass / A new day will come / And when the sun shines / It will shine out the clearer.” —JRR Tolkien
- “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” – Muhammad Ali
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” —Dolly Parton
- “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” —Deepak Chopra
- “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
- “I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end.” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” —Steve Jobs
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
- “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” —Tony Robbins
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” -Plato
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” —Lao Tzu
- “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us.” -Mimi Novic
- “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” —Winston Churchill
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” -Henry Ford
- “I can alter my life by altering my attitude. He who would have nothing to do with thorns must never attempt to gather flowers.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “One can begin so many things with a new person—even begin to be a better man.” -George Eliot
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” -Carl Bard
- “That last page turned is a perfect excuse to write a whole new book.” ―Toni Sorenson
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Maybe the yes comes before the readiness. Maybe you say yes and then you become equipped to handle whatever is about to happen.” —Glennon Doyle
- “Every day is a fresh beginning; Every morn is the world made new.” – Sarah Chauncey Woolsey
- “Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.” ― Joel Osteen
- “Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived… You can do anything you choose to do.” —Maya Angelou
- “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” — Douglas Pagels
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” —JP Morgan
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” -Walt Disney
- “Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” —Ralph Blum
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
- “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” —Alan Cohen
- “Life is a progress, and not a station.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” -Alan Cohen
- “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” -Nelson Mandela
- “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” —Chinese proverb
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” -Mary Pickford
- “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. Every sunrise begins with new eyes.” — Richie Norton
- “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” -T.S. Eliot
- “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell
- “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” ― Meister Eckhart
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” — Carrie Underwood
- “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!” —Dr. Seuss
- “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” — Juansen Dizon, Confessions of a Wallflower
- “I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
- “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun!” – C. Joybell
- “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward” —Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” – Desmond Tutu
- “It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day?” – Mel Gibson
- “The beginning is always today.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- “A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” ― Mandy Hale
- “Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.” – Marsha Petrie Sue
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
- “A time comes when you need to stop waiting for the man you want to become and start being the man you want to be.” — Bruce Springsteen
- “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” —Josiyah Martin
- “You must learn to stop thinking in terms of beginnings and endings, successes and failures, and begin to treat everything in your life as a learning experience instead of a proving one.” — Guy Finley
- “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” – Mary Shelley
- “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” — Robert H Schuller
- “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
Let us know which of these new beginning quotes resonated with you the most! We also have a list of Saturday Motivational Quotes To Make You Happy This Weekend you should check out!
Also, if you loved these new beginning quotes, you may also like our guide to Future Self Journaling or our FREE Bullet Journal Habit Tracker Printable!
We also have a few 30 day challenges we love!