Hosting an Around the World party is a fun way to celebrate all the different countries of the world. With these Around the World party ideas, you’ll have fun themes and food ideas that are perfect for hosting a great party with your friends!
From authentic recipes and refreshing drinks to fun games for guests of all ages, these easy party ideas are the best way to put together an amazing celebration.
These ideas also work well for a graduation party, bridal shower, baby shower, and first birthdays!
29 Popular Around the World Themes
Whether you’re planning a corporate event, a themed birthday party, or starting a new tradition, there are creative ways to add a lasting impression on your guests! The first way is to pick a theme!
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing! We’ve linked to any helpful ideas for each theme, too!
- Welcome to Paris (French Theme)
- African Safari
- County Fair (hay bales, corn on the cob, etc)
- Chinese New Year
- Christmas in July
- Arabian Nights
- Tailgating or Sports Theme
- Mexican Fiesta
- Coachella/ Music Festival
- Las Vegas Casino Night
- British Afternoon Tea
- Mardi Gras
- California Palm Trees & Pool Party
- Beach Party
- Egyptian / Toga Party
- Medieval Dinner
- Western (Cowboy hat, Boots, etc)
- Eat Pray Love Movie Theme
- Christmas Traditions Throughout the World
- Cheese & Wine
- Cheers to 30 Years
- Murder Mystery (set in a foreign place)
- Roaring 1920’s Great Gatsby Theme
- BBQ Theme
- A Taste of …(Pick any state or country)
- Around the World Menu (Buffet of different foods)
Special Touches for a Travel Theme Party
- You could send invitations that look like plane tickets. (Bonus points if you attach an inflight snack for your guest!)
- It’s also a great idea to decide the number of guests you’ll have before planning out your full world party theme.
- Don’t forget to let your guests know ahead of time that it’s a themed event and of any dress code options for the theme.
- Vintage suitcases, maps, paper lanterns, colorful balloons, and string lights are all great party decor ideas.
- Set up special food stations along the party venue.
- If you have server(s), they could dress up as a flight attendant!
- Consider a photo booth or post card as a souvenir from their “trip” at the party.
- You could also do a baggage claim area where guests can pick up their coats or party favors before leaving the party.
We also have specific ideas for a 50th Birthday Party for Adults or for 37 Cool Outdoor Birthday Party Ideas for Teens & Tweens you may also like.
Need more ideas? You may also like:
- 33 Fun Dress Up Party Themes for Adults
- Easy Couples Dinner Party ideas, Recipes & Games
- 99 Fun Party Quotes for Instagram