Attending a holiday party with family or friends? We’ve found the best white elephant gifts for adults and teens that are under $25!
Whether you’re hosting the Christmas party this year or attending a gift exchange with your friends, finding the best White Elephant gifts isn’t always easy.
But with this big list of budget-friendly gift ideas, you’re sure to find the perfect present for every party you go to this year!
Each of these fun gifts are guaranteed to be the best present at the party. And the best part is that each of one comes in at under $25!
The Holiday Gift Swap Goes By Multiple Names
A white elephant party can also be called a yankee swap, dirty Santa, or a secret Santa gift swap.
Whether you’re hosting or attending as a guest, there a few things you should know in order to find the right gift!
What to Bring to the Party
We recommend having all of the guests on the same page about what kind of gift to bring. It can be helpful to set a budget and also to let guests know if there is a theme.
For example, some white elephant parties are mostly funny gag gifts while other parties include really nice, but affordable gifts.
Whatever you decide, a gift swap is one of our favorite Christmas party games and always a good time!
White Elephant Gift Rules for the Game
If you’re never played the white elephant game before, it can be a lot of fun, and you get to leave with a cool gift after! Here are the rules for your next holiday or office party!
1. Each person brings a wrapped gift to the party.
2. Then each person who brought a present, draws a number to see what order they’ll select from the gifts.
3. Everyone playing then sits in a circle with the gifts in the middle.
4. The person with #1 selects a present from the pile of wrapped gifts, opens it, and shows the group.
5. The next person (#2) can either pick the already-unwrapped gift (Stealing) or pick from the remaining wrapped presents.
6. After everyone has a turn, the person that was #1 has the final chance to either keep their gift or steal the perfect gift from someone else!
The game continues until everyone has a gift and doesn’t want to steal.
How Stealing Works
Anyone who has their gift stolen can choose a new present or steal someone else’s. They can’t steal their present back from the person that just took it though.
We also like to say after 2 or 3 steals, the present is “locked” and can’t be stolen again.
We hope you found the perfect white elephant gift from this list of thoughtful, fun, and inexpensive gifts!
Love this list of best white elephant gifts? You may also like these ideas!
- Crockpot Christmas Crack – Crockpot Candy Recipe
- Easy Microwave Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- Sugar Cookies for Santa Cocktail (Boozy Christmas Eve Drink)
- Ultimate Christmas Movie List