Our Crockpot Christmas Crack recipe is super easy to make in your slow cooker! You’ll love the mix of German, semi-sweet, and white almond bark chocolate. It’s the ultimate salty and sweet treat!
We’ve made so many different Christmas candy recipes, and this one is one of our favorites!! You just throw your ingredients in the crockpot, stir, and blob spoonfuls on wax paper, and it looks so pretty!
Every December, Mom and I go to a fancy area in Nashville and look at all of the Christmas decorations and little stores. We also get a few pieces of candy from a little fancy chocolate store.
Our Christmas Crack Crockpot candy tastes just as good if not better!!
Plus, it makes enough that you can share with your family and friends or take it to a party!
How Do You Make Crockpot Candy?
For our specific recipe – which is amazing – you’ll need:
- salted dry-roasted peanuts
- mini pretzels
- rice Chex
- German’s Sweet Chocolate
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- white almond bark
Then, you’ll layer the chocolate over the mixture. You’ll want to start with the German’s Sweet Chocolate, then the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and end on the almond bark.
You’ll want to cook all of this on LOW for 3 hours.
We recommend that you DO NOT STIR.
….but if you do around 1.5 hours, know that it won’t take as long to cook.
After the 3 hours (or less), stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until it’s smooth.
Now you’re ready to drop 2 Tbsp of the mixture either into a cupcake liner or on a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper.
Here’s the toughest part —
You need to let the candy cool before moving it from the cupcake liners or cookie sheet.
Then, you’re ready to enjoy!
Creating Your Own Crockpot Candy Crack
You can always customize this recipe to be whatever candies and flavors you like the best!
Originally the recipe called for only 1 type of chocolate and peanuts, but we also love Chex mix and pretzels! So we added them in!
You can also add:
- chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- chopped hazelnuts
- peppermint chips
- toffee bits
- Rice Krispies cereal
I even have played with the idea of getting those mini Reeses cups, but I’m not sure how they’d melt yet! If you try it – let us know!
We also added red and green sprinkles for a festive look, but you can also skip it, and eat this candy year round!
Crockpot Christmas Crack FAQ
Can you make Christmas Crock Pot Candy without nuts?
Totally! You can mix in anything you like to the recipe including the ideas we shared above!
Can I make this Christmas Crockpot Candy with caramel?
Yes – you can use caramel, as well as, peanut butter chips in this crockpot candy!
Can I use cupcake liners?
Yes, some people use cupcake liners instead of dropping the warm candy on wax paper. All you have to do is drop the mixture into a cupcake liner and let it harden.
You could even drizzle warm chocolate or peanut butter over the top of them for an added touch!
Do I have to use a slow cooker to make this candy?
You could make it on the stove or melt the chocolate in the microwave, but it’s definitely not as easy as using a crockpot.
Can I make a smaller batch?
Absolutely! You can just cut our recipe below in half, or you can always pack it up for family and friends like we did!
Another easy treat to make are these cute Santa Claus Hat Donuts!
If you like our Crockpot Christmas Crack Candy, You May Also Like:
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies with Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
- Christmas Snack Mixes
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Christmas Brunch Ideas
- 2 pounds salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup rice chex
- 4 ounces German's Sweet Chocolate
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 pounds white almond bark
- Put the peanuts, mini pretzels, rice chex in the bottom of a 4-quart crockpot.
- Layer the chocolate over the above starting first with the German's Sweet Chocolate, then the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and end on the almond bark.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours. DO NOT STIR, but if you do around 1.5 hours and know that it won't take as long. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth whether you wait 3 hours and can't help yourself and stir mid-way like me.
- Drop about 2 Tbsp into a cupcake pan lined or onto a cookie sheet.
- Allow the candy to cool completely before trying to move from cookie sheet or take out of cupcake liners.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g