This week, we talk about fats and why you need them!
Fat has really taken a beating since the 90’s with all the fat-free food products out there. But “fat-free” doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to lose weight or that it’s good for you. And if you eat fat, it doesn’t necessarily make you fat.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW:
- Fat gives your body energy. It’s also linked to brain health, healthy hair, skin, and nails, and heart health.
- Your body needs all three macronutrients (fats, proteins, and carbs) and out of those three, fat punches the most calories at 9 calories per gram. But that doesn’t mean you should put it off from eating it, because you need fat.
- Have more flexibility in your diet. You can have everything as long as you’re smart about it and you track it. The goal is to eat a well-balanced diet.
- If you’re counting macros, break down your macros into 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. Or since your proteins and calories are king, then just let your carbs and fats fall where they may – some days more carb-heavy, some days more fat-heavy.
- Some healthy fat sources: avocado, nuts, butter (choose butter over margarine), whole eggs (the yolk is where the fat is!), ground flax, and chia seeds
- Educate yourself and do your research. Don’t just take what you see on a bottle and what you’re being told.
- Avoid processed food. Big companies are producing them in mass quantities so they need their products to stay on the shelf until they get bought.
- Interview with Breanne Freeman
- Grab our special discounts on our Promo Codes page
- Kim & Kalee’s BFF Sisterhood group
You don’t wanna miss a show!!
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
- Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!