Our easy keto chicken salad provides lean protein, healthy fat, and tons of flavor to help you stay low carb! It’s also so simple to make and tastes great on its own, in a wrap, or with vegetables.
Our easy keto chicken salad recipe is a family favorite because it’s so easy to whip up, and you can use it in so many different ways! Plus, it’s a comfort food in the winter and a cool treat in the summer!
It also works on most diets including – keto, low carb, gluten-free, paleo!
Below we’ll talk about the protein, carb, and fat ratio, but keep in mind – you’ll want to look over which mayo you choose when making any keto recipe!
Many condiment brands contain sugar, artificial sweeteners, or a list of processed ingredients you can’t pronounce. You’ll want to keep an eye on the ingredients in each condiment for this reason!
Is chicken salad keto?
Is Mayonnaise Keto-Friendly?
It also depends on which mayonnaise you’re using. You’ll see that some brands contain canola oil or added sugar. Both are things you’ll want to stay away from. The canola oil is highly processed, and the sugar adds carbohydrates.
How to Serve Keto Chicken Salad & Stay Low Carb
So here are a few ideas to enjoying your keto chicken salad all week!
- Lettuce wraps
- Stuffed tomatoes or sweet peppers
- Topping a tossed salad with it
- On low-carb crackers
- Spreading it over cucumber slices
- On paleo or keto bread
- As a dip with cheese crisps or cloud bread
Keto Chicken Salad Ingredients:
Our high fat, low carb chicken salad is full of flavor and texture and will satisfy your craving for comfort food!
- Chicken breast (fresh, rotisserie, or canned)
- Red onion
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Can You Use Canned Chicken?
Absolutely! You can used canned chicken breast for this recipe, as well as, rotisserie chicken.
If you’re using canned chicken, just make sure to drain the juice and pull the chunks apart using a fork.
How to Make Keto Chicken Salad
To make our keto chicken salad recipe even easier, you can use canned or rotisserie chicken.
If you use full chicken breasts or thighs, you can cook them in an instant pot or slow cooker beforehand as well to save time.
You have a few options, but we do recommend cooking your chicken and bacon beforehand.
If you’re cooking your chicken, you can boil it in water for 30 minutes or bake it at 350 for 30 mins or until done.
While chicken is cooking, you can prepare the dressing.
Mix all dressing ingredients together by hand and place in the refrigerator.
Once, chicken has cooked and cooled, cut into small cubes. Kitchen scissors work well to do this.
In large bowl, mix together the diced onion, finely chopped celery, crumbled bacon, and cubed chicken.
Add the dressing mixture and stir in well until all is covered. Gently fold in the avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: If you prefer a shredded chicken salad, do all the above and then add to a food processor to shred.
Then place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour or so to let it chill. (You can always eat it before then, but we like it cold!)
How to Store Your Easy Low Carb Chicken Salad
This chicken salad recipe can last for about a week!! We like to make it on Sunday and snack on it all week long.
You just want to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
How do you enjoy your chicken salad?
More Keto Recipes:
You may also like Sorey Fitness’ Keto Quick Start Guide for Beginners!
Easy Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 12 oz each chicken breasts, boiled (You can use also canned or a rotisserie)
- 1/4 cup small red onion diced
- 1 small avocado cubed
- 1 stick 5" to 6" stick of celery finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Cook bacon and chicken beforehand. To cook the chicken, you can boil for 30 mins in water, or you can bake at 350 for 30 mins or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, you can prepare the dressing. Mix all dressing ingredients together by hand and place in the refrigerator.
- Once, chicken has cooked and cooled, cut into small cubes. Kitchen scissors work well to do this.
- In large bowl, mix together the diced onion, finely chopped celery, crumbled bacon, and cubed chicken. Add the dressing mixture and stir in well until all is covered. Gently fold in the avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
- If you prefer a shredded chicken salad, do all the above and then add to a food processor to shred.
Nutritional Information is only approximate. If you'd like exact nutritional information we recommend entering it manually into a nutrition program of your choosing.