Our delicious Keto Jalapeños Poppers are baked and make the perfect appetizer for game day, the Super Bowl, or any gathering with friends! The spicy, creamy stuffed jalapeños are low carb, help boost your fat intake, and taste like a guilty pleasure!
This week we’ve been trying all kinds of recipes focused around the Fall. We’ve fallen in love with keto cornbread and a hearty, low-carb meatloaf so far, but these keto jalapeño poppers with bacon and cream cheese are our favorites!
You may also like Sorey Fitness’ Keto Quick Start Guide for Beginners!
Why We Love These Keto Jalapeño Poppers
This finger food is a crowd pleaser for sure! We love that anyone can dig in and enjoy these – whether they’re on a keto diet or not!
We also love that they are a surprising fat bomb. So many fat bombs are so sweet, but these are savory and spicy!
Plus, jalapeños are full of with vitamin C and B6, as well as, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
How to Make Baked Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers Faster
I will say, this recipe took a little longer than our normal ones. (Mind you everything we make is usually at a 5-10 minute prep!)
There are a few ways to cut the prep time down on these little game-day treats!
- Soften your cream cheese ahead of time
- Swap real bacon for bacon bits
Another idea is to dice the jalapeños and (cooked) bacon. Then add both to the cream cheese to make a dip instead of stuffing the jalapeños. You could serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Tips to Making Low Carb Jalapeños Poppers
If you want to make the jalapeño poppers like we did, they are still really simple and pretty quick to make! Here are a few tips to make them well!
The first step is cutting open the jalapeños and taking out their seeds. If you were to touch your eyes while handling them at any point in the recipe it could really burn and sting!
Know Your Heat
The more seeds in the jalapeños the spicier they’ll be. So if you like spice, leave a few. If you don’t like much heat, or kids will be eating them, remove all the seeds completely.
Want a Little Extra Fluff?
Whipping your softened cream cheese with an electric mixer to start will help it be fluffy. Then mix in your other ingredients.
Keep That Extra Filling
Since the size of each jalapeño is different, you might have extra filling left over. But that stuff is good! Save it and serve it over chips or crackers.
Make it Dairy-Free
We love our cheese, but if you need a dairy-free option consider replacing the cheese with guacamole!
Are Jalapeños Keto?
Yes, Jalapeños tend to be keto-friendly. They have approximately 53 calories, 4.4 grams of fat and .9 net carbs.
Things I Used to Make Jalapeños Poppers
You more than likely have everything you need to make these keto stuffed jalapeños, but here are a few tools that I like to have on hand!
- Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil– Lining your pan before placing the poppers on it makes clean up a breeze!
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is non-stick, pretty light and sturdy!
Our stuffed Keto Jalapeños Poppers are creamy, full of flavor and spice, and satisfy your savory cravings!
What’s in our Keto Jalapeños Poppers Recipe?
The main ingredients are:
- Jalapeno peppers
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
We also used:
You may also like:
- 6 medium Jalapeños, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- 4 oz Cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onions , chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 395 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and garlic. Mix until it's all mixed well. (You can microwave the cream cheese about 30-60 seconds to get it to soften. I check it every 15 seconds.)
- Fill the Jalapeños shells with the cream cheese mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Now top each half with bacon.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes. The peppers should be tender and the bacon on top should be crispy.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g