The idea of putting God’s word through our home was one of our favorite parts of building a house! Below are our favorite Bible verses for new home construction that the entire family can use and write through the house.
When Kim moved into her new home, we included our favorite verses throughout her new home build. We placed them throughout the house — the living room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, dining room, kitchen, office, and front door. It was the perfect opportunity to honor God and remind us of His many blessings.
Bible Verses for New Home Construction
Whether you use these verses to inspire you as you build your home or comfort you when the work gets stressful, you can use these scriptures to help you through the building process. And many of these inspirational verses can also be used to bless the house itself!
As you’re planning your build, why not think about how you can bring the Lord’s word into your new home? With the help of these Bible verses for new home construction, you can bless your house before your family even moves in!
Below are our favorite verses from God’s word to include in the foundation of a home!
- By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3-4
- For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Corinthians 5:1
- Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. Matthew 7:24
- Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Corner Stone. Ephesians 2:20
- For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4
- God is our shelter and strength. Psalm 45:1
- Love your neighbor as yourself Mark 12:31
- In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
- Where you go, I will go, and where you stay, I will stay. Ruth 1:16
- My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. Isaiah 32:18
- For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11
- The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:25
- The LORD’s curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous. Proverbs 3:33
- Therefore thus says the Lord God, ‘Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone a costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believe in it will not be disturbed. Isaiah 28:16
- Put your outdoor work in order and get your fields ready; after that, build your house. Proverbs 24:27
- Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, in whom I trust. Psalm 91:1-2
- But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- Great wealth is in the house of the righteous, but trouble is in the income of the wicked. Proverbs 15:6
- But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
- Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time. 2 Chronicles 7:15-16
- And thus you shall greet him: ‘Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have. 1 Samuel 25:6
- In his heart a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9
- In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2
- Clean me, and I will be clean. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7
- Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2
- Give us this our daily bread. Matthew 6:11
- Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6: 4-7
- You will be blessed when you go in and blessed when you go out. Deuteronomy 28:6
- They broke bread together and ate together with glad and sincere hearts. Acts 2:46
- For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:11
- The Lord will keep you from evil; He will keep you safe. He will protect you as you come and go, now and forever. Psalm 121:7
- Peace be to this house. Luke 10:5
- I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever. 1 King 8:13
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Build homes and plan to stay. Plant gardens and eat the food they produce. Jeremiah 29:5
- The day for building your walls will come, the day for extending your boundaries. Micah 7:11
- My cup overflows with your blessings. Psalm 23:5
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24
- Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
- Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gate Deuteronomy 11:18-20
- Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:2
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
- Do all you can to live a peaceful life. Take care of your own business, and do your own work as we have already told you. 1 Thessalonians 4:11
- Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. Romans 3:5-6
- May there be peace within your walls. Psalm 122: 7
- The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-25
Building a new house can be such a blessing!
We hope these verses help remind you of God’s steadfast love and the Holy Spirit’s power in your life. Having these verses as part of the foundation of our home, also helped us cultivate a humble attitude and remember to rely on God versus our own understanding.
During the building process, we suggest writing the scripture that speaks to you on your home’s frame to bring the word of God to your house while it’s under construction.
This is just a small collection of Bible verses. I’m sure we’ve missed some! We’d love to know what you included in your own home!
If you like these Bible verses for new home construction, you may also like:
- 65 Motivational Christian Songs About Hope & Strength
- FREE Bullet Journal Habit Tracker Printable
- 195+ Best Family Movie Night Ideas to Watch With Your Kids
- How to Clean a Messy House in One Day Quickly (Free Guide!)