If you’re in a long distance relationship, you’ll love these care package ideas for boyfriend! They’re also perfect for your husband, father’s day, military spouse, sick friend, or a college student away from home for the first time!
A thoughtful care package is a great way to show your boyfriend or husband how much he means to you, and it’s also a fun thing to put together. But to make a package special, it needs to be personalized to him!
You can show your significant other how special they are easily because we’ve found the best gifts and fun surprises for long-distance loves! A long distance care package is an especially powerful tool to feeling close if your significant other’s love language is giving and receiving gifts.
From personalized hobby gifts to DIY creations, your boyfriend is sure to love each of these gift ideas. They’re perfect for a special anniversary, birthday gift, or collage care package as well!
Care Package Food and Drink Ideas
Snacks and drinks are the perfect addition to a care package – especially when you include some of your husband’s favorite food items! Even a healthy eater will love getting some of his favorite foods!
When coming up with ideas of food and drink items to add to your care package, think about including favorite drinks, snacks, and desserts — anything he would pick up for himself at the grocery store basically!
Consider these food and drink ideas for your personalized package:
- Create a snack box of his favorite snacks: granola bars, trail mix, beef jerky, chips, nuts crackers, cookies, hard candy, fun sized candy bars, pudding cups, sunflower seeds, pretzels, breakfast bars, cereal
- Homemade foods and sweet treats: cookies, brownies, chocolate covered nuts or pretzels, candy, fudge, cupcakes, bread, snack mix
- Drinks: coffee, tea bags or loose leaf tea, hot chocolate packets, Kool-Aid packets, Gatorade powder, juice boxes, small Gatorade bottles, mini liquor bottles
- Sauces and condiments: ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, dipping sauce, seasoning and spice blends, relish
Self-Care Gift Ideas
Another popular addition to a care package for men are toiletries and other self-care items. These ideas are especially great if your significant other is a service member.
Whether your husband is overseas or your boyfriend is away for an extended period of time, having items from home is a simple way to bring some comfort to a strange place.
These toiletry items are perfect for including in a care package.
- Shower and bath items: Soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, razors, toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, deodorant, cotton swabs, cotton balls, mouthwash, towels, washcloths, lotion, cleansing wipes, baby powder, essential oils
- Grooming tools: comb, brush, hair gel, beard wax, nail clippers, nail files, beard comb, chap stick, hairspray, dry shampoo, cologne
- Health items: pain medication, antacids, allergy medicine, cough drops, bandages, eye drops, antibiotic cream, anti-itch cream, tissues, sunscreen, foot powder, hand sanitizer
- Toilet Paper (It was a favorite item when we had a family member overseas!)
You may also like these DIY Self Care Gift Ideas!
Entertainment Gift Ideas
Keeping your loved one entertained is a great idea for a care package. With the help of these entertainment gift ideas, your boyfriend is sure to have some fun! We love to include his favorite movie or music if he has a place to play it!
Add these items to your care package to keep your husband entertained instead of feeling homesick.
- Electronics: DVDs, CDs, iTunes gift card, handheld games, batteries, portable DVD player, tablet or Kindle
- Creative gifts: books, comic books, magazines, puzzle books, journal, art supplies, drawing pad, adult coloring books, guitar picks, drum sticks, harmonica
- Sports and games: playing cards, poker chips, football, baseball and glove, dice, board games, dominoes, frisbee, golf balls and tee
Fitness Care Package Ideas
Making sure your boyfriend takes care of himself is essential.
With the help of a health and fitness care package, you can encourage your significant other to stay healthy while he’s away.
These fitness care package ideas are perfect for a husband who enjoys working out and staying healthy.
- Workout gear: gym shorts, gym shirt, socks, running shoes, sweatbands, blister protection, water bottle, shoe inserts, cooling towels, resistance bands, shoelaces
- Health and wellness items: protein powder, shaker bottle, vitamins, protein bars, muscle cooling gel, ice packs
- Workout tech: wireless headphones, Bluetooth speaker, iTunes gift card, workout DVD, workout tracker, phone holder
Helpful Care Package Items
On top of giving your boyfriend some of the things he might be missing from home, a care package is also a great way to send him items he might need while he’s away.
These helpful care package ideas are perfect for filling up the next box you send to your husband:
- Tool set
- Pocket knife
- Alarm clock
- Air freshener
- Cleaning wipes
- Hand and foot warmers
- Ear plugs
- Travel pillow
- Shot glasses
- Prepaid phone cards
- Stainless steel mug or tumbler
- Pint glass
Personalized Gifts for a Care Package
Adding a personalized touch to your care package is a great way to show your boyfriend or husband how much he is missed.
Try putting some of these sentimental items in your package to add a personal touch to your box.
- Birthday Card
- Photo album
- Mix tape
- A shirt or blanket with your scent on it
- Yes or No questions to send back to you (answered)
Putting Together Your Care Package Ideas for Boyfriend
In addition to adding personal items to your box, there are other simple ways you can add a more personal touch to your care package.
Try these ideas to create a meaningful gift for your boyfriend as you’re assembling the care package:
- Decorate the box. Adding stickers and personal messages to the outside of the box is a great way to get your loved one excited about seeing what’s inside.
- Individually wrapped gifts. Instead of tossing each item into the box, make your care package even more special by wrapping each item individually. You’ll be able to build anticipation of opening the box once your care package arrives.
- Personal notes attached to each item. Let your boyfriend know exactly why you included each item in the box by placing a note on top of each thing explaining its significance.
Love these ideas? Pin them for later!
Long-distance relationships are so tough, but an amazing care package full of thoughtful gifts are a great way to remind your special someone how much they mean to you!
If you send a box often, you may even consider doing a Halloween care package or Thanksgiving care package! This would keep you from repeating some of the same items and offer a new surprise each time!