We’ve wrapped up our Reset & Simplify Your Life series. Now, we’re sharing how to implement what you’ve learned & how to get the MOST out of any course, conference, or a series like our Reset & Simplify Your Life!
Share your takeaways in our private Facebook Group, the BFF Sisterhood!
Have you ever left a conference or finished a course and wondered what in the world did I learn? Or maybe you set a goal to read 12 personal development books in a year, but you don’t remember what you gained from it…
This is typically because we need to LEARN less and STUDY more.
It takes seeing something 7 times on average before we fully retain it.
Plus, we may react to information differently as we grow and change…allowing us to get something new from a course we’ve already done before.
5 Steps on How to Study
- learn by reading, listening, or going to the seminar
- extract the “nuggets” and put those ideas and tips on notecards
- then rank the notecards on what you want to implement first
- next start implementing a notecard per day or week
- then measure your progress and results
Your Study Game Plan
1. We suggest focusing on 1 TOPIC or SKILL per quarter.
Get 3 books on it, 3 audio books or videos, and 1 conference or seminar on that ONE topic.
2. Then, send 30 minutes a day reading and 30 minutes a day listening to those trainings.
Each day record a key take away. We listen during our drive or getting ready so it’s not extra time out of our day.
3. Create your own library of knowledge
At the end of the week and quarter — record your BIGGEST takeaways and how you will implement them into your own journal or online platform.
4. Rinse and Repeat
As we mentioned – it takes seeing material MULTIPLE times for it to fully sink in and each time you consume it you’ll get new insights.
So pick maybe 2-4 topics, go through the cycle each quarter alternating topics and coming back to the topic.
If you like this episode, you might like our Reset & Simplify Your Life Series!!
We just finished it up with Episode #60: Track Your Success & Progress.
The Series begins with Episode #46: Priorities List & The Wheel of Life.
Also, we love reading 5-Star reviews on iTunes!
It’s Easy to Leave a Review
- Click Here
- Select “Ratings and Review”
- Click “Write a Review”
- Tell us what you love about the podcast
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a topic you’d like for us to talk about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about it!