You’ll love these fun movie night ideas to make the evening extra special! We’ve put together the best snacks, recipes, and movie night themes so that you can enjoy making memories together at home!
How do you make a fun movie night at home?
While we would be happy to curl up in our sweats under a blanket, we like to treat this as a true special “main event” with tickets, food, clothing, and themes!
Here are a few ways to create a fun movie night at home:
- Set a start-time and send out movie tickets!
- Roll out the red carpet and have paparazzi to take guests photos when they arrive.
- Pick a theme – whether it’s the movie genre, food, or decor, a theme elevates the night.
- Build a blanket fort or set up a tent before the movies start for a cozy place to watch!
- If you want to take the fort idea a step further, consider inflating an air mattress and topping it with tons of pillows for a cushy spot!
- Take the movie outside with a projector and projector screen! They’re more affordable than ever!
- Plan your menu! Whether you’re doing road-trip candy and the National Lampoon’s Vacation or The Godfather and pizza — food can really make it more fun!
- Add in surround sound or a sound bar to make it really feel like you’re in the theater!
We also put together a great list of at home date ideas you might like if you’re looking for something to do with your significant other!
Now we’re ready to share 19 really cool ideas with you, and then we’ll also share some of our favorite snacks!
What should I make for a movie night?
As we’ve mentioned above, the right food can really make the evening a lot of fun!
Here are a few ideas of what to serve!
Our Favorite Movie Night Snacks
Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn? Homemade Microwave Popcorn is super simple to make and is a great snack when you’re craving something a little salty and a little crunchy.
This Walking Taco Bar is the perfect way to serve up a saucy taco filling and your favorite toppings for movie night. Crush the chips in your bag, top them with a flavorful beef taco filling, pile high with lots of taco toppings, add a plastic fork and you’re all set! Your portable taco is in the bag for a fun and easy snack with easy clean up too!
Our Super Easy 5 Layer Mexican Dip is another family favorite! It’s so simple to throw together, and you can snack on it all night long!
We love this super simple crockpot recipe! The buffalo chicken dip is a must-have during any of our parties or get-togethers! It’s perfect on chips or lettuce wraps!
We originally made this crockpot candy for Christmas, but it’s so good you could eat it year-round! You could change the sprinkles to fit with your movie theme, too!
We’ll wrap up movie night with a classic dessert – Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This specific cookie recipe is also low carb and keto-friendly!
Love these ideas?
Pin it for later!