These copycat Nerds Ropes are so fun and easy to make! We’ll walk you through how to make copycat Nerds Rope Candy below, but the good news is all you need is a few boxes of Nerds and some gummy bears!
It’s super easy to make homemade gummy rope candy! Get ready to enjoy the mix of gummy and crunchy Nerds in a variety of sweet, tangy, and sour flavors! These are perfect for birthdays or a fun movie night at home!
What are Nerd Ropes made out of?
Nerd Ropes are made up of a gummy string on the inside and Nerds candy out the outside.
Why are Nerds candy so good?
Nerds offer an explosion of sweet, sour, and tangy, and we always love the crunch of each tart candy!
Do Nerds have gelatin?
Yes, Nerds contain gelatin.
Are Nerds Ropes discontinued?
No, you can still purchase Nerds Ropes in Very Berry, Tropical, and Rainbow flavors.
What You’ll Need to Make Copycat Nerd Ropes
- 2 cups of gummy bears
- 2 movie theater size boxes of Nerds candy. Any flavor desired.
- aluminum foil
- squeeze bottle
What flavor of gummy bears do I need for this candy rope?
You can use one flavor of gummy bears or a variety of colors and flavors! Any brand works well too!
How do you make Homemade Nerds Ropes with gummy bears?
1. Start by melting the gummy bears in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and pour into squeeze bottle.
2. Then, fold a sheet of aluminum foil to create 5 troughs like sections.
3. Fill each of the 5 sections with Nerds.
4. Squeeze a thin line of gummy candy over the Nerds making a few passes back and forth.
5. Top each line with more gummy mixture and then with more Nerds.
6. Compress the foil sections together packing in the walls around each rope.
7. Let ropes sit for around 20 hours allowing gummy candy to solidify and dry. This helps the removal of the ropes to be easier.
The homemade Nerds Ropes can be stored at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Tips & Tricks on How to Make Homemade Nerds Ropes
- The rainbow candies look the prettiest in my opinion, but any of flavor of Nerds work!
- Make sure your gummy bears are completely melted otherwise the Nerds won’t stick.
- You could also make Nerds Bites by cutting the ropes into pieces.
- Also, you could do Nerds Gummy Clusters by melting the gummy bears and then dropping the gummy mixture onto a tray of nerds. Then spoon more nerds on top until thoroughly coated.
- Make sure to place Nerds on the bottom of the foil before adding the gummy bear mixture to help it get properly coated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition is only an approximate and may not be accurate.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 0g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition is only an approximate and may not be accurate.
- Easy Chocolate Caramel Peanut Clusters Recipe
- The Best Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate Chips Recipe
- Birthday Brownies with White Vanilla Frosting and Sprinkles