Whether you’re looking for self care birthday ideas for yourself or a family member, we’ve found the best ways to celebrate, as well as, some great gift ideas!
Throwing a party for your birthday is great, but sometimes you just need some quality time alone! If you’d rather hang out with yourself this year, why not enjoy some self-care as you celebrate the past year?
These self care birthday ideas are a great way to treat yourself on your special day.
The best part? Each of these ideas are budget-friendly, making them a great way to save some money while you celebrate your birthday.
Pamper Yourself at Home
Heading to the spa is one of the most popular forms of self-care. But there’s no need to leave your house when you can enjoy a budget-friendly spa day at home with the help of some DIY beauty treatments.
DIY Beauty Treatments
Try these homemade recipes to treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment and take care of your body without ever leaving your house!
- DIY Aloe Vera Face Masks
- Honey vanilla lip scrub
- Homemade mud mask
- Orange bath salts
- Brown sugar and honey face mask
- Citrus shower bombs
- Lemon coconut sugar scrub
- DIY natural bath bomb recipe
- Anxiety reducing bath bombs
- DIY facial serum
- Matcha face mask
- Orange grapefruit body cream
- Peppermint foot scrub
- Herbal nail soak
- Oat and coconut milk bath
- Rose hip oil for hair
- Avocado hair mask
- Sprinkles foot soak
- Tropical bath powder
Treat Yourself to Something New
You can’t have a birthday celebration without presents, right? Even if you’re on a budget, there’s no reason you can’t treat yourself to something new for your birthday!
These cheap purchases are a great way to brighten your day without breaking the bank.
- Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers
- Get a coffee or tea at your favorite coffee shop
- Sign up for a gym membership
- Purchase an online course for to learn a new skill or practice your favorite hobby
- Schedule an appointment for a new haircut, color, or style
- Get some new makeup, nail polish, or perfume
- Purchase a new aromatherapy candle or essential oils
- Buy yourself a cake from a local bakery
- Get a new houseplant to add to your home
- Enjoy a new essential oil diffuser
- Pass the day with an adult coloring book
Be More Mindful
Demonstrating gratitude for the things you have is a great way to enjoy your special day. This year, why not celebrate your birthday alone with some introspection?
With the help of these self-care mindfulness activities, you can enjoy some peace and quiet on your big day.
- Break out your yoga mat and do yoga at home
- Meditate in a quiet room
- Go for a quiet walk
- Take a relaxing bath
- Create a vision board
- Write in your journal
- Set a new goal or resolution for the year
- Read a self-improvement book
- Take a nap
- Turn off your phone and have an electronic free day
- Write some positive affirmations
- Start a gratitude journal
You may also like our 55+ Therapy Journal Prompts for Mental Health.
Have Some Fun at Home
There’s no reason to leave your house on your birthday when you can find tons of fun things to do at home!
Avoid the stress of going out and relax at home on your big day instead.
These activities are the perfect way to pass the time while you’re celebrating your birthday alone.
- Enjoy breakfast in bed
- Binge watch your favorite TV show
- Have a movie marathon
- Start a your favorite book (or a new book)
- Enjoy your favorite ice cream
- Bake yourself a birthday cake
- Try out a new cocktail or mocktail recipe
- Make a craft or art project
- Cook yourself a delicious meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Order in from your favorite restaurant or make your favorite dish
- Fix something in your house that’s been bothering you
- Declutter a messy room in your home
- Have a dance party
- Reorganize your closet and clear out the clutter
- Move some furniture around or redecorate a room
- Reminisce about past birthdays by looking through old photos
- Make a blanket fort in the living room
- Create a new piece of art to hang on your wall
- Write a poem or short story
- Plan a future vacation
Get Out of the House
Just because there are tons of fun things to do at home doesn’t mean you have to stay there all day! Instead of being cooped up inside, why not enjoy your special day out on the town?
If you’re ready to get out and about on your birthday, try some of these budget-friendly self-care activities.
- Go to the movies and order your favorite snacks from the concession stand
- Head out on your favorite trail for a hike or bike ride
- Go window shopping at your favorite stores
- Volunteer your time to a worthy cause
- Lay a blanket in the yard and star gaze after the sun goes down
- Enjoy a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant
- Sign up for music lessons
- Visit a nearby beach or lake to swim or sunbathe
- Take a day trip to a new place and check out the sites
- Write yourself a love note to open in 10 years
- Book a room at a local hotel or bed and breakfast and enjoy some time away
- Spend time with your pet outside
- Get a manicure or pedicure
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Start a new garden or tend to your existing garden
Looking to Send a Self Care Gift?
A great birthday gift for a new friend or special someone is a self care gift basket!
The care package could include the person’s favorite things like fuzzy socks and a comfy robe, a bottle of wine or cute water bottle, their favorite candy, candles, magazines, and beauty products.
A gift box is the perfect gift idea for that special person because you can customize everything in it!
Get our Gift Guide to a DIY Self Care Gift basket!
We hope these ideas and self care gifts help make your day special!
You may also like:
- 30 Unique & Funny 30th Birthday Gift Ideas
- Unforgettable 40th Birthday Ideas for Your Wife (Gifts & Experiences)
- FREE Bullet Journal Habit Tracker Printable